If you go anywhere in the Tri-State area, you would be hard pressed to find a pizza place, or at least a place that serves a pizza. And even if pizza isn’t on the main adult menu, you can be assured it is on the kids menu.
There is a reason for this. According to Harris Polls, they asked over 2,000 people what their favorite food was and the results came out like this
- Pizza 21%
- Steak 16%
- American Hamburgers (I guess there is a German version?) 16%
- Tacos 11%
- Pasta 11%
What is surprising is that Hamburgers ranked 3rd and Hot Dogs are no where in the Top 5.
There seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel here, as Steak has risen on the list over the past few years, but with the cost of beef, that could be a good reason why. It is a treat, not an expected food choice.
With as much pizza that is being consumed in the USA, you would think that it isn’t that big of a deal to order up a pie, but no. Those who are on a diet feel guilty when they have pizza on their “cheat day”.
Now who has the best pizza? Another study has show that it isn’t Chicago or New York. It is Massachusetts.
WTF?!?!?! Clam Chowder, sure. But Pizza? Check this out from Reader’s Digest:
- Regina Pizzeria (Boston, Massachusetts)
- Bleecker Street Pizza (New York, New York)
- Modern Apizza (New Haven, Connecticut)
- Home Slice Pizza (Austin, Texas)
- Moose’s Tooth Pub and Pizzeria (Anchorage, Alaska)
- Juliana’s Pizza (Brooklyn, New York)
- Five Points Pizza (Nashville, Tennessee)
- Joey’s House of Pizza (Nashville, Tennessee)
- Andolini’s Pizzeria (Tulsa, Oklahoma)
- Duetto Pizza and Gelato (Key West, Florida)