Out of 725 cat posts on social media, cat lovers “like” 398, on average.
When you take this piece of info, you may think that man’s best friend could be eclipsed by their feline nemesis. Not so fast, Dog lovers are still in greater numbers, but it looks like cat lovers realy do LOVE their cats. (Savanna can relate, just ask her) Check out these stats on cat lovers:
- 81% of cat lovers have a “go-to” meme or gif that makes them feel better
- Cat owners have at least 13 cat related items of their own
- 44% have a framed picture of their feline companion
- 38% own a cat calendar
- 45% admit to regularly taking photos of their cat
- these same people admit to taking at least 3 pics to get the “pur-fect” shot
- Cat owners spend about 3 1/2 hours a week talking to their pet
- 67% of cats like to lounge on members of the house
- 93% of cat owners have a “strong bond” with their cat
- 54% have admitted to training their cat to do a task or trick
- 60% of cat owners have admitted their cat has helped them through tough times
- 54% say that cats help them on stressful work days
- 81% of cat owners pay attention to their cat’s well-being
- 69% say they take a close look at their cat’s health
- 31% owners say they are confident on their cat’s dietary needs
So there you have it, dogs may show you that they love you more often, but it looks like cat owners show love to their feline pets more often.
Savanna will be proud to know that she is in good company.