There are little hidden ways to save some cash on flights. According to Airlines Reporting Corporation:
- get your flight 42 DAYS or six weeks before your travel will save
- look in the early morning for fairs that are cut
- Farecompare.com says buying on Tuesday at 3p is the ideal time
- fly out early, like 4am early
- checking on Expedia/priceline doesn’t do always find the lowest so check individual airline websites
- get in on updates from places like airfarewatchdog.com
- if ya fly a lot check on frequent flyer freebies you could grab
- farecompare.com found that WEDNESDAY is the best time to fly, runner ups: Tuesday and Saturday. worst days Sunday and Friday!
my only secrets are asking for a full can of pop and multiple snacks. If they ask if you want pretzels or cookies, say both and they will oblige! I also pack in a small bag and don’t pay for baggage, roll up your shirts to save room. You can also tuck things in your shoes to save room! carry a big purse too to put under the seat in front of you!
Merry Christmas and happy traveling!
source: us news and world report