1. Radio Is Intrusive; Radio can reach and influence consumers who may be predisposed to other businesses. Consumers who are loyal to competitor may not take time to read about you on line or in print, can be influenced as they go about their daily activities. The old expression “We have eye lids, we don’t have ear lids” means we can skip over printed, or online messages, or to her passive media messages but can absorb intrusive radio messages without consciously engaging.
2. Radio Can Tell Your Story; The internet has made it fast and easy to search for the facts details and prices about your offerings. But more often than not buyer decisions are made emotionally and only justified logically with research and facts after that emotional story has won their hearts. Radio’s human voice, story telling and humor can inspire consumers to search for your facts and details on line.
3. Recency and Immediacy; Recency theory suggests that ads are more relevant and have more impact as consumers get closer to making purchase decisions. Advertising consistently on radio carries your message through the entire buying process, from creating a pre-need preference for your business to a time of purchase trigger.
4. Radio Is Convincing; If you had your choice to tell your story with pictures, to write to your prospects, or to talk to them with the emotion of a human voice, which would your prefer?
5. You can Be the Star in Radio’s Theatre of the Mind; Creativity is limitless, and very inexpensive on radio. How much would it cost you to put an elephant, and airplane, a volcano and a 6 piece orchestra in your brochure, video or website? You can paint the picture of all of these with sound on radio.
6. Your Message Stands Alone; When your radio commercial airs, there are no pop-ups, news head-lines, competitor’s ads or other distractions to detract from your message.
7. Radio’s Reach is Constant; While channel clutter fragmentation and a growing list of online and mobile media cannibalize the reach of most channels, radio’s reach has remained has remained constant, reaching 91% of consumers every week. No other media has a reach that high.
8. Radio Remains Cost Effective; While TV and newspaper costs continue to rise in the face of declining reach, radio’s rates have remained relatively constant.
9. Radio Reaches Light Users of Other Media; While some of your prospects might watch little or no TV, others might not go online or read newspapers almost everyone is exposed to radio during a given week.
10. Radio Drives Web Traffic; Research proves that most consumers prefer to go to the websites of businesses they’ve heard of rather than to the sites of unfamiliar businesses.
11. Radio Creates Pre-need Preference; Busy consumers won’t take time to read ads or websites for products or services they are not in the market for. But intrusive radio influences them on the go, be-fore they have a need, creating preferences for your business when they do have a need and begin