Burlington Rotary Club
2012 Chicken Bar-B-Q
Community Organization Ticket Sales Fact Sheet
The Burlington Rotary Club would like to partner with Des Moines County community
organizations to sell Chicken Bar-B-Q tickets. The following summarizes the details for the
Chicken Bar-B-Q event:
• Chicken Bar-B-Q is held at the Port of Burlington on Thursday, September 20, 2012.
• Serving from 4 – 7 pm
• Dine in, Drive Through or Carry Out
• Ticket Cost –
o Pre-sale – Adult $9, Kids $7
o At Door – Adult $10, Kids $8
• Adult dinner includes ½ chicken, 2 sides (TBD), and cookies. Beverages also included
for dine-in dinners.
• Proceeds from the chicken Bar-B-Q support various local activities, including student
exchange, youth literacy, youth scholarships, playgrounds, and Rota Kids
The Burlington Rotary Club is looking to partner with community organizations to sell
approximately 800 chicken BBQ tickets. The following summarizes the partnership
• Receive a portion of ticket sales - $2 / ticket ($3/ticket if over 100 tickets sold by the
community organization). This commission will be paid out after all ticket proceeds and
unsold tickets have been collected.
• Firm commitment to sell tickets is needed by Thursday, July 26. We ask the organization
to provide a goal for ticket sales for planning purposes.
• Organizations will receive tickets the week of August 6, 2012. (Rotary members will
also be selling tickets during this time.)
• Organizations will be required to complete weekly reporting of tickets sold and turn in
• All ticket proceeds and unsold tickets need to be returned by Tuesday, September 4
Questions regarding this arrangement can be directed to Sarah H. Beckman (319-750-6592 &