Shamrock Shuffle 5K Run/Walk Set for March 15; Proceeds Support After-School Programs
Burlington, Iowa – The Shamrock Shuffle, a St. Patrick’s Day-themed 5K Run/Walk, is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 15, at Crapo Park. Proceeds from the race will benefit area after-school programs. Burlington Kiwanis sponsors the event.
Shamrock Shuffle participants will run or walk through bursts of color along the festive course. A rainbow of colors will cover whatever participants are wearing. Runners and walkers should dress accordingly.
The Shamrock Shuffle is a non-timed, nonrefundable event. Pets are not allowed. The event will occur rain or shine.
• A $20 early entry fee – which includes a white, long-sleeve shirt – is available through Thursday, Feb. 27; after Feb. 27, the entry fee is $25.
• Youth 12 and under can enter early for $15 through Thursday, Feb. 27; after Feb. 27, the youth entry fee is $20.
• Online registration is available at https://secure.getmeregistered.com/KiwanisShamrockShuffle
• On-site registration is available from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. March 15, at the Horseshoe Shelter House off Madison Avenue.
• Event organizers cannot guarantee shirts after Feb. 27.
Participants can pick up race packets between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. Friday, March 14, at the Port of Burlington Welcome Center, 400 N. Front St., Burlington.
For more information, email BurlingtonShamrockShuffle@gmail.com, or call 319-208-3780.